To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Cell Site Civil Construction
- Cabinet installation / removals
- Equipment Installation / removals
- Cable rack installation / removals
- Cable installations / removals
- Grounding / rings
- Ice bridges
- Hand digging trenches
- Conduit installations PVC, EMT Rigid
- Steel platform installations
- Concrete pad installation
- Able to form and pour concrete, install underground conduits preferred
- Knowledge of fencing
- Knowledge of Core Drilling and Xrays
- Knowledge of Concrete Pier installation
- H-Frame construction
- Site login
- Close out Packages (COPS) - Basic computer skills
- Completing customer and internal forms (online, hard copy, etc…)
- JHA / JSAs / eJHA
- Driving and maintaining truck/trailer/tools and all assigned assets
- Ability to operate heavy machinery a plus
- Responsible for picking up customers and Mastec or Customer supplied material
- Must be able to deliver and unload materials to job sites
- Install and layout conduit systems
- Effectively read, analyze and understand Cad Drawings/blueprints for job site knowledge
- Analyze upcoming tasks and anticipate equipment, procedures
- Able to lead a Field Crew
- Able to read and understand a customer detail plan
- Provide superior customer service while ensuring all essential job functions are performed in a timely, efficient, accurate, and safe manner
- Adhere to all company and industry standard/regulations (OSHA, etc.)
- Adhere to Mastec Health and Safety Standards
- Read, understand, structural and architectural drawings, specifications, and design requirements related to telecommunications, commercial, residential, and light industrial applications
- Conduct due diligence for multiple projects prior to field work.
- Review peer work product
- Perform the layout of cell tower sites, including the electrical and telecommunications infrastructure
- Utilize hand and power tools, and other resources to perform general landscaping, such as concrete work, rebar, trenching, and grubbing
- Build and tie together cages of rebar
- Load, transport, and unload tools, materials, and equipment in a safe manner
- Prepare and clean work sites
- Maintain tool inventory and upkeep daily on job site
- Complete all required Company documentation
- Assist Foreman with site photographs
- Installs, overhauls, modifies, equipmentincluding power underground conduit.
- Ability to Open, Expedite, or close out permits with jurisdictions
- Ability to schedule inspections (Final, Mechanical, Rough electrical, buildings, etc)
- Reading and reviewing blueprints for infrastructure projects, inspecting project sites and evaluating contractors’ work to ensure that projects meet design specifications and federal, state and local code requirements. Civil III will also identify problems with design plans, find solutions and document all project activity by writing reports and keeping detailed notes.
- Ability to assist with commercial, residential and land development, too.
- Design and prepare all telecommunication rooms and closets for all cabling networks and install hardware on systems such as cable trays and ladder jacks for cable pulls.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; technical degree preferred.
- Electrical Contractor License Preferred.
- 5 + years of general construction cell tower industry experience.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; self-starter, team player, and results oriented.
- Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record to operate a company vehicle.
- Basic computer knowledge and of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- NWSA certification is a plus
- Ability to operate aerial lifts, man lifts, skid steers and aerial platform equipment.
- Ability to lead crews when foreman is gone
- Update equipment office records and installation specification to document accurate "as built"
- Ability to work on ladders, demonstrated manual dexterity.
- Must be adaptable to changing environments.
- Must be able to pick up 80 lbs. and be cable of working up to 12 hours
- Must be available to work weekends and / or nights, in extreme weather conditions if necessary
- Ability to read and interpret Cad Drawings.
Hard work pays off. See what you’ll get for your effort:
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Red Wing Boot Voucher
Health and Wellness
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- HSA flexible spending
- Dependent care flexible spending
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Family and medical leave
- Bereavement leave
Employee Referral Program
Refer someone who delivers excellence just like you and receive a $1,000 incentive for a referral that becomes a permanent hire!
We meet your commitment with competitive pay and benefits. If this sounds like you, let’s talk. Build your career with MasTec!
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
#MasTecCommunicationsGroup #MasTecCommunicationsCareers #ByersEngineeringCompany #DecisiveCommunications #MasTecNetworkSolutions #QuadGen #RhinoCableServices #RJCarrollCompany #SEFNCOCommunications #WycoFieldServices #MasTecFamily