This position will be responsible for performing Wireless Site Surveys
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Survey engineer will be responsible for performing site surveys, site walks, creating BOM's, and working hand in hand with Design Team to create In-Building DAS/SmallCell designs, & Outdoor Coverage Solutions
- Perform Site Surveys using iBwave Survey tool and hand off on-site information to Design team on a quick/real-time basis. Familiarity with Indoor/Outdoor Site Design Components & real-time analysis
- Perform indoor and outdoor Drive/Walk benchmark testing using NEMO/Solutelia, PCTEL Scanner equipment
- Perform QC of floor plans, CAD drawings when on-site
- Perform Analysis of effective power distribution, spacing requirements, indoor/outdoor cabling pathways, AC/DC Electrical, Backup Power, Civil requirements,
- Walks/surveys will be performed a variety of building ranging from small office spaces, hospitals, casinos, multi-story buildings, stadiums, amphitheaters, outdoor spaces, manufacturing, etc.
- Venues are spread across the nation and travel is involved. Travel will be strategically planned so engineer has time to complete his tasks from in-home office
- Coordinate RF data validation with remote data processing teams
- Perform E911 testing, voice & data testing
- Perform CW Testing
- Perform Wi-Fi surveys & post-install walk tests
- Support Switch & Router configurations, in conjunction with remote Integration teams
- Support wireless troubleshooting efforts as needed
- Engineer will be involved in Design, Construction, Integration, Testing and Optimization phases of the wireless project lifecycle
- Engineer needs to have solid communication skills as they will be working with design engineers, project managers, customers, landlords, and construction crews
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering or related field preferred. Associates Degree or High School diploma and equivalent related experience considered.
- 5+ years of technical experience
- 1 – 3 years’ experience working on JDSU/TEMS/NEMO/Solutelia required.
- Strong knowledge in DAS (CommScope, Corning, JMA etc.) & SmallCell (Nokia, Ericsson, Corning etc.) OEM’s required
- Basic knowledge of RF Propagation Theory, Antenna Theory & design methodologies required
- Experience with LTE & 5G technologies
- Knowledgeable in cabling (RF, Electrical CAT5/6, T1 Copper, Fiber) and other advanced technologies.
- Ability to represent company with professionalism.
- Ability to travel within a region, market, or out of market on a project basis.
- Ability to use technical skills to work independently and within a team and execute responsibilities as well as solve problems.
- Ability to utilize and care for company vehicle and expensive test equipment.
- Ability to climb a 12 ft. ladder; able to use basic hand tools.
- Computer and MS Office proficient.
- Operating Telecommunications Test Equipment Expert.
- OSHA 30 Certified