Description of Duties:
This position will be responsible for installation, commissioning, integration, troubleshooting and testing of OEM equipment at customer Cell Sites. Position works in conjunction with Engineering Leads, Management as well as company and customer Remote Integration Center. Travel required throughout a regional territory and may be required to travel to other regions on a project basis, as needed. Excellent entry level position for military veteran who specialized in a technical field or anyone with a technical degree and aptitude.
- Receive assignments and deploy to cell site locations to install, commission and integrate Ericsson RBS equipment.
- Installing RBS equipment might (not necessarily) will include power, grounding and external alarms.
- Using laptop and specialized software, load software and scripts in order to perform configuration as directed by Remote Integration Center.
- Conduct call testing, external alarms testing and E911/PSAP call testing.
- May be required to provide support to troubleshoot system upon request of the Remote Integration Center.
- Responsible to pick-up OEM equipment from customer or company warehouse location and care for, scan and report on equipment disposition.
- Complete and deliver site completion report within deadline.
- Knowledgeable in Ericsson RBS equipment such as RBS3000 and RBS6000 series.
- Knowledgeable in commissioning and integration of different baseband units like CBU, DUW, DUL, DUS.
- Manual integration is required. No smart laptop.
- Knowledge in BB5216 is a plus.
- Prior experience with RBS6601 (installation/swapping).
- Prior field experience in New Site Build and Carrier adds (1C up to 6C).
- Knowledgeable in AMOS/Moshell commands.
- Prior experience with ALU7705 routers is a plus.
- Prior field experience in a technical field; mobility networks preferred.
- Knowledgeable in cabling (RF, Electrical CAT5/6, T1 Copper, Fiber) and other advanced technologies preferred.
- Former Military with technical experience and honorable discharge welcome.
- Ability to represent company with professionalism.
- Ability to work within Maintenance Window hours (midnight to 6am) or daytime as scheduled based on project scope and adhere reliably to schedule.
- Ability to travel within a region, market or out of market on a project basis.
- Comfortable working outdoors in all types of weather throughout the year.
- Ability to use technical skills to work independently and within a team and execute responsibilities as well as solve problems.
- Ability to utilize and care for company vehicle and expensive test equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and climb a 12 ft ladder.
- Computer and MS Office Proficient
- Valid driver’s license.