DAS/ Small Cell Construction Manager
Description of Duties:
This position entails all phases of construction in DAS and small cell installation. Construction Managers must possess the ability to vet, maintain and supervise vendors/sub-contractors to ensure that they maintain our customer’s and our standards of quality of workmanship and safety.
- Conduct site surveys and bid walks. This will include but is not limited to furnishing detailed site floor plans, photos, scope documents and any required RF Field surveys as needed.
- Perform Pre construction walks to determine feasibility of constructing the DAS/small cell in accordance with in the dictates of the design.
- Assist in the identification and qualification of the various subcontractors required for the project including all site and building trades.
- Ability to interface with Routers, Switches and DAS controllers using a PC is essential.
- Monitor and ensure performance and quality workmanship of contractors as well as internal employees.
- Work closely with the contractor, architect, civil engineer and associated consultants in developing site specific value engineering options for the work (review CD’s and review changes with site acq and A&E as necessary)
- Coordinate with tenant’s point of contact and construction personnel to ensure accuracy in the owner’s development of tenant’s construction documents and built according to the CD’s.
- Ability to conduct and/or review system sweeps and PIM results per customer’s specifications.
- Serve as a liaison by participating in construction meetings, resolving disputes, providing ongoing feedback, and coordinating project punch list, as-built drawings and close-out packages.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
In addition to the general requirements listed above. It is vital for the continued success of the Market that the Roles and responsibilities are clearly defined. As such, below are market specific Roles and Responsibilities required of the Market CM in order for the markets’ continued success.
- Support and time management of FE/Installer in market.
- Daily task assignment of the FE is the responsibility of the market CM. In parallel with this, the implementation manager should be given a weekly schedule for the FE. This is due to the implementation manager (Tom Simms) by EOD Thursdays for the following week. If mid-week changes are required, an email to the Implementation Manager and PM are required.
- Daily support should be given to the installation staff in market. This is to include the training of said personnel on best installation practices as well as the general flow of any given project, ie… Scoping Walk, Vendor selection, material procurement, installation, integration, commissioning, RF Opto, closeout requirements.
- Daily site status update submission to the Market PM
- This should be an inclusive report.
- Current site status
- Work to be completed in the upcoming week
- Forecasted dates for milestones.
- Daily site Visits.
- All projects in active stages of construction should be physically visited by the Market CM several times per week. It is vital that this visit takes place. As a CM your personal update on the site should never be more several days old. It is also highly recommended that photos are taken each time you visit a site with all construction progress that what not already documented via photo on your last visit.
- Conference Calls
- It is Vital that you are present and accounted for on all conference calls that have bearing on sites currently in your que. As a CM, all your site updates should be communicated to the Market PM prior to any scheduled conference call in a timely manner to allow for them to assess the update. It is also vital that you are on said calls should the customer raise any question that were not covered in the update to the Market PM
- Bid Report Workups
- The Workups should be a single point of reference for the entire project from a proposal perspective. It is vital that every tab is completed with all of the information available. This includes but it not limited to.
- IBWave Design
- Design BOM
- Vendor BOM (it is not sufficient to have a material price without the supporting materials list from the vendor)
- SOW Bid Walk Notes. (These should be the walk notes either provided by AT&T for bid purposes or created by the CM). The vendors SOW belongs in the tab with their quote.
- Driver Tab should be filled out in its entirety. Integration and commissioning drivers can be provided by the design team (Pavan).
- ENG Workup Tab. It is important to only markup vendor quotes by the contractually agreed upon percentage. If you are unsure of that percentage, please note that in the workup submission or reach out to your manager for support.
- Integration and Commissioning Support
- As the Market CM you “own” the project from the Field side. This ownership is from the time the project is assigned in Norad, to final walk though and handoff to AT&T. As such, it is vital to support the project thru all of the stages. This will include but not limited to the support of integration, commissioning, call testing, E911, PSAP, RF Opto., as well as VQA.